Ferryhill & District Angling Club
Rules for all Waters For 2017
Rules on the website in RED have been passed in Committee and are awaiting ratification by members at the 2016 AGM.
1. ALL members MUST carry their current membership I.D. Card at all times on F.D.A.C. Waters and at all F.D.A.C. Meetings. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave the water or meeting.
2. All members MUST carry and produce their current membership I.D. Card and E.A. license on request by any Club Bailiff, Club Member, Riparian Owner, Police Constable or E.A. Bailiff.
3. No minimum age for membership, however ALL juniors under twelve (12) years old MUST be accompanied by a Senior or Associate member over EIGHTEEN (18)years old. NB from TWELVE (12) to EIGHTEEN (18) years of age ALL MEMBERS MUST possess & carry a current EA license.
4. Failure to follow E.A. or F.D.A.C. rules may result in expulsion from the club pending Committee investigation and an Official hearing where the offending member may be disciplined, depending on the outcome.
5. ANYONE CAUGHT AND PROVEN TO BE LEAVING/ SPREADING LITTER ON CLUB WATERS MAY BE BANNED FROM THE CLUB SUBJECT TO THE FINDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE NO EXCEPTIONS!
6. Any Officer, Committee Member, Club Bailiff, or Member/Associate Member found after investigation to be breaking or manipulating the club or E.A. rules to benefit themselves may have their membership withdrawn.
7. Members must not obstruct pathways at any time on any fishery and allow access to fellow anglers to pass at all times.
8. Members MUST follow all the rules applicable to individual waters (see notice boards if applicable for details).
9. When fishing members MUST carry a landing net and disgorger (E.A. rules).
10. All landing nets and keep nets MU ST be knotless (E.A. rules).
11. Keep nets MUST be a minimum of 2.5 meters long- ALL fish MUST be released by 4pm. max 30lb per keep net. Keep nets may be banned or members asked to empty keep nets by Fisheries officer or Bailiffs if conditions dictate.
12. Unhooking mats and suitable wire traces MUST be used when Carp and Pike fishing.
13. NO MAGGOTS OR BAITS except Worm, Minnow, Artificial Fly or Spinner/Lure
as described by the E.A. are allowed between MARCH 15th and JUNE 15th inclusive on
ANY F.D.A.C river stretches (E.A. rules)
14. No Dogs (except guide dogs), Guns (of any description), Fires, Radios
(Walkman’s, IPods etc. excepted), Barbecues and Alcoholic drinks on or at the bank side while fishing. No Bivvies, Tents or Camping on any stretch of River.
15. Car parking is in designated and specified places only.
16. No anti-social behavior.
17. No digging out of "pegs" or cutting down of trees and bushes etc. without the express permission of the Committee.
18. No fishing is allowed by order of the riparian owner on Mainsforth pond between the 15th March and the 15thJune inclusive.
19. No nuts or uncooked seeds to be used on any Club waters.
20. No coarse fish are to be removed or killed on any F.DAC. waters, unless by permission of the Committee.
21. ALL fishing on F.D.A.C. waters is with ONE (1) Rod ONLY, except at Middleton St George water-park. Anglers may fish at MSG with up to 3 Rods. (Note: Anglers using THREE (3) Rods MUST purchase a second E.A. license - E.A. Rules).
ALL RODS FISHED MUST BE AT THE SAME PEG NO EXCEPTIONS
22. No barbed hooks allowed. Only barbless or micro barbed hooks on all F.D.A.C. Waters.
23. Pike fishing - NO Live baits and No dead coarse fish bait. Sea bait only may be used. (E.A. Rules).
24. Unused bait MUST NOT at any time be discarded on any F.D.AC. water. Do not throw unused bait in the water.
25. Size limits for taking ANY game fish is a minimum of TWELVE INCHES (12in), (301CM) - Nose to fork of tail.
26. No more than TWO (2) Brown Trout may be taken in any ONE (1) day (24hrs), no more than (bag Limit) Three (3) Migratory Fish in total (Salmon & Sea Trout) be taken in one (1) week (7 days) and NO Grayling be taken at any time.
27. No TROUT or ANY OTHER GAME FISH can be kept in a keep net.
28. NIGHT FISHING - Night fishing (Fly Only) allowed on all club waters leased or owned by the club on the River Wear.
NO NIGHT FISHING ALLOWED ON ANY OTHER CLUB WATER.
29. No selling of fish from club waters. Salmon and Sea Trout E.A. rules
30. No Grayling to be killed or taken from club waters.
31. No Carp over 8ib to be kept in keep nets.
32. ALL game anglers fishing with fly or spinner MUST take at least ONE (1) step after each cast when other anglers are waiting to fish the “Pool” and must not fish within TWENTY (20) Meters up or down stream of any angler.
33. All Carp to be kept in separate keepnet from other fish.
34.In the interests of fish conservation NO hooks larger than size 12 shall be used on the following fisheries: The Tilery, Mainsforth Pond, Shafto's Lake.
Claiming a "Club Record Fish"
35. Record fish. To claim a club record ALL CLAIMS must be witnessed by Two (2) Witnesses and a signed photograph, this to be sent to the Secretary before the AGM. Note: No game fish need to be killed to claim.
36. Members shall be allowed to use two (2) keep nets whilst fishing on club waters. Keep nets must be knotless as per E.A. Rules
37. No Boilies are to be used on any Club Stillwaters unless on a hook or rig and must be 8mm or less in size.
Ferryhill And District Angling Club
Behaviour & Conduct.
To Be Adopted At All F.D.A.C Meetings.
All members must produce their membership ID card on arrival when requested.
The following guide shall allow all members and committee alike, to conduct themselves appropriately and allow the committee to conduct the clubs affairs in a business-like manner.
The guide was proposed and adopted by a unanimous decision of the all the committee and ratified at the 2009 A.G.M by the membership.
1. The monthly members meeting will be held first followed by the monthly committee meeting, but at the discretion of the chairman.
2. The seating arrangement will be that of the committee sitting together and facing the membership. By adopting this arrangement everyone on the committee can be seen and speak through the Chairman when discussion is necessary. The members will be able to identify the committee and clearly see the committee in operation.
3. At the members meeting, all members must sit in front of the committee in the designated area. Failure to do so shall result in being refused permission to speak, or take part in the meeting. The Chairman shall identify anyone who tries to disrupt proceedings and ask for them to refrain from such behaviour.
4. Any members interrupting or interfering in a meeting, will after being told to refrain from doing so shall have their name entered in the minutes. If the member interrupts proceedings again then the member will be asked to leave the meeting ASAP. The Chairman shall adjourn the meeting until the member has left the room.
5. If the said member interrupts or interferes at another meeting again, then that member will be barred from all meetings. They only being allowed to attend when apologising to the committee and assuring the Chairman that no further interference or disruption will happen.
6. The Chairman will enforce the rule that only committee can take part in the committee meetings (discussions, voting etc.). On matters pertaining when the Chairman invites a member to give evidence to speak, the member must understand that they cannot interfere in any debate, discussion or decisions at a committee meeting.
7. Should any member wish to raise an issue/matter which they think should be dealt with by the committee, then they must send a letter addressed to the Secretary, who will inform the Chairman. This will then be dealt with under Correspondence or Any Other Business. A decision and reply to the correspondence will be given within one month of the correspondence being read.
8. No member is allowed to take notes of what is debated or discussed at a members meeting or committee meeting and subsequently prohibited to publish matters pertaining on the internet.
9. Any member who makes an accusation or makes a statement either true/false against the committee or member at a meeting will have their names and the accusation/statement entered into the minutes. After investigation, the said person will be invited to attend a committee meeting/hearing and explain their case.
On behalf of F.D.A.C. Committee and Members 2013.